2019 is proving to be the year when grooms will be expressing their personality in their choice of wedding suits more than ever.
More and more grooms are choosing to buy their wedding suits and are wanting something that makes a statement.Even those grooms who wish to hire suits are looking for styles that are not ‘run of the mill’, mixing colours and textures and enjoying adding their own take on ‘wedding style’.
Here are the trends which we predict will be gracing weddings for 2019:
- Tweed: This is still proving popular and, despite being a very warm fabric, is still the choice for suits for many weddings throughout the year.
- Tweed waistcoats: This choice works well for those who want to nod towards the trend without being uncomfortable in warm weather. They look good once the jacket is removed and add texture and personality.
- Checks: Check fabrics are having their day. They have been popular for business wear for a while and grooms are now finding the distinctive looking fabric a way to make a statement on their wedding day too.
- Contrasts: Gone are the days of matching 3-piece suits. Grooms want to stand out from the rest of the guests and a contrast waistcoat serves this purpose. Contrasts in all aspects of the suit are trending with grooms choosing to wear a jacket in a different colour from the trousers and this looks particularly striking with tails. It creates a modern twist on the very traditional look.
- Patterned Ties: The days of ivory ties and cravats for grooms are over. It was never a good look as neckwear faded into oblivion. Now grooms are also standing up against the suggestion that their ties should match the bridesmaid dresses and are choosing ties with patterns and mixed colours. Paisley and florals are popular for 2019 and especially in strong designs and colours.
- Accessories: Adding the final touches to an outfit is becoming almost as important as the suit itself. Grooms want to co-ordinate the shoe leather colour with their belts especially when worn with tweed. The word ‘co-ordinate’ is outweighing ‘match’ when choosing accessories such as pocket squares and patterns are again popular here.
- Cufflinks: Time is being taken to choose items such as cufflinks which reflect the interests of the groomsmen rather than the choice of traditional styles. These are sure to please the groom’s party as they show how much effort has gone into the purchase.
Now is certainly the time to be choosing that very individual look for your 2019 wedding day. Male grooming has never been so popular and every aspect of how you look on your wedding day is taking up more of the wedding planning and budget than ever before.