It’s that time of year again where we look back on the highlights of 2018 and anticipate where 2019 will lead us.
Here are the highlights of our year:
- Styling our Customers: One of the best parts of our business is helping guys to discover the pleasures of dressing well. We have welcomed many new customers over the last year and introduced them to Chimney’s styling appropriate for their weddings or formal functions or just helping them to find new items for their wardrobe. It makes the hard work so worthwhile.
- Welcoming back past customers: Nothing is more satisfying than the return of a past customer to purchase another item or hire for another event and we have welcomed back many this year who obviously needed another Chimney Fix!!!
- New Styles: This year has seen the arrival of new stock and styles which have extended our ranges offered to our customers and we eagerly await further new styles in the new year.
- Trends: One of the exciting parts of our job is seeing the changing trends in menswear. The preferred styles of 2019 are sure to differ from those of 2018. Dressing smart is becoming more of the norm rather than the exception, waistcoats are still popular but especially the double-breasted styles, and there will still be some demand for tweed in all its guises.
- Winning Awards: However, the greatest highlights of 2018 were the receiving of two very prestigious awards. Back in September we scooped the Bridal Buyer Best Men’s Formalwear Retailer Award. It was one of our proudest moments giving us recognition in a largely bridal-dominated industry. This is a national award, known as the ‘Oscars of the wedding industry’ and it was a huge honour for a small business, like ourselves, to receive the award in front of colleagues, designers and suppliers from across the whole of wedding Industry.
- And Another: Just two months later we were to receive another award. We were named the Best Menswear Retailer at the 4 Counties Wedding Awards. Receiving this coveted accolade at the regional award ceremony, again in front of friends, colleagues and wedding suppliers from across the counties of Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire, was a great recognition of our team’s hard work.
With weddings all too often focused on the bride and her dress, our job is to make sure that the groom also receives the same special treatment. We aim for excellence and give our customers an experience they enjoy and recommend to friends. We are here to give men somewhere to go and find an outfit they will treasure and enjoy wearing whatever their occasion.
We are so excited about where the new year will lead us. Looking good is a serious business for the modern man and we are looking forward to another year of providing guys with a special place where they feel confident and comfortable and helping many to discover the pleasure of dressing well.