Many couples are putting aside age-old traditions, making their wedding day tailored especially to them and choosing to include a Best Woman or a Bridesman in their wedding party.
If a bride’s closest friend is a guy or a groom’s favourite person is a woman, why should they be excluded from your wedding party just because of their gender.If your wedding party includes a Best Woman or Bridesman, how to dress them can pose difficult decisions.
The bridesman doesn’t want to look like one of the groomsmen standing on the wrong side and your Best Woman doesn’t want to look like a bridesmaid.
Don’t despair. There are many creative ways you can include your favourite person in your wedding party.
The Bridesman could dress similar to the groomsmen but remember he is your Bridesman and what he wears should reflect that:
- Use the bridesmaid dress colour as a source of inspiration.
- Match his tie to the bridesmaid dress colour.
- The bridesman’s suit could match the colour of the dresses or maybe match his shirt to the wedding colours.
- A light-coloured suit would also link him to you, the bride, especially if you are wearing ivory.
- Forget the jacket and use accessories such as braces or ties to match the colour of the belt on the bridesmaid dress.
- A waistcoat in the colour of the bridesmaids’ dresses also works well.
- Give your Bridesman a large boutonierre (button hole) that reflects the bridesmaid’s bouquets.
A Groomsmaid or Best Woman are now terms frequently heard in the wedding industry and they too must be dressed correctly. Some prefer to dress them like bridesmaids or have the same style dress but in a different colour but what if your Best Woman doesn’t want to wear a dress?
- Tailoring works as well for females as it does for males.
- This could be a skirt suit but trouser suits are proving more popular.
- A matching tailored suit hits all the right style points especially with trends favouring men’s styling for woman.
- Waistcoats can be very flattering and sometimes you may prefer your groom’s party without jackets.
- Try the relaxed look of shirts, ties and braces.